The Highland Course is like no other. It winds its way through Primland’s mountain landscape, playing across ridge tops and over valleys, combining challenging golf with the breathtaking scenery at every turn. This exciting golf resort in Virginia is highly challenging and rewarding and has received rave reviews from the press.
- Ranked #2 on Golf Magazine’s list of Best Golf Courses You Can Play in Virginia, 2016-2017
- Listed as #28 on Golf Magazine’s list of the Top 100 Courses You Can Play, 2016-2017
- Named the #2 course on Golfweek’s Best State-by-State Courses You Can Play, 2016
- Awarded the #5 position on Golf Digest’s list of the Best Courses in Virginia, 2015-2016
- Recognized as the #31 course on Golf Digest’s list of America’s 10 Greatest Public Courses, 2015-2016
With the course’s compelling design, the flora and fauna, the stunning views of the Dan River Gorge, the Pinnacles of Dan and the North Carolina Piedmont, the Primland golfing experience becomes far more than just a day on the greens.
“When I first saw Primland, it reminded me of the highlands of Scotland. I knew this was the perfect spot for a truly exceptional course.”
– Donald Steel, Course Architect
“Immaculately kept, the course’s layout feels entirely devoted to feeding off of the venue’s natural beauty. The fairways run high above the promontory-studded Meadows of Dan in the valley below, inviting the player to stop and admire the view before attempting that next shot.”
– John Scott Lewinski, Modern Luxury