After careful consideration and months spent preparing for your return, we’re excited to announce that Primland is now open as of May 21, 2020. Lodging and outdoor activities will be available with extended health protocols in place to ensure the safety of our guests and employees.
Join us for our reopening this Memorial Day Weekend to enjoy fun and safe activities for the whole family, like guided hikes, fly fishing, movies on the lawn, and more!
Welcome back to your 12,000 acre playground in the Virginia mountains.
Resort Reopening Safety Protocols
As Primland has prepared for our reopening, the safety of our guests and employees is our top priority. The below protocols have been put in place as a shared responsibility between our staff and guests. Please read carefully and keep in mind by working together and following government and industry guidelines we can create a safe environment to enjoy Primland.
Overall Protocol for Resort:
- Sanitizing stations will be set up throughout the resort for guests’ use
- Sanitizing Amenity Packet to be presented to each guest upon arrival with mask, gloves and sanitizing spray or wipes
- All employees will be required to wear masks and gloves when social distancing cannot be maintained
- Social distancing guidelines by guests and staffs to be observed throughout the property
- Limited number of people to be controlled in public spaces, retail shops, gentlemen’s and ladies’ locker rooms, driving range, and elevators.
- Increase of sanitizing procedures in place for all areas of the resort by staff including equipment used by guests for activities.
- Guests to provide a pre-screening form upon arrival and will be requested to wear a mask when outside of their guest rooms. Masks are provided if needed.
- At any time guests may request a temperature check from an infrared thermometer located at the north and south entrances of the property, each of the front desks, pro shop, and Outdoor Activities Center.
- Valet service is temporarily suspended. Self-parking available in garage.
- Day cleaning will be upon request
- Remotes, telephones, switches in guest rooms will be wrapped and changed / sanitized daily
- Turndown Services will be suspended at this time
- Paper transactions at check in have been limited.
- Observatory to now be in 4 shows instead of 2; number of guests in Observatory to be limited; area to be sanitized between shows
- Theatre to be closed at this time but private rental will be available
We can’t wait to welcome you back to Primland for safe and exciting experiences in the Virginia mountains. We’ll see you soon!